Sunday, February 10, 2013

In Search of Lost Time

Happy Chinese New Year! 恭喜发财,万事如意, 步步高升, 新年快乐,&c, &c.

Have only just finished the prologue of my Marshall Islands book (hey, there was also a foreword and a preface to get through). Truth is, I've been gloriously neglecting my Round the World project in favour of writing my play, looking after my cat, attending my great-aunt's funeral (several times removed: I didn't really know her) and researching the genre of memoir.


I'm teaching creative non-fiction at NTU this semester, so I'm digging through various non-fic works for choice extracts. We've started the semester with Life Writing, which includes autobiography - and damn, it's a pretty fun genre to read. Both the above books are highly recommended.

Not optimistic for finishing Operation Crossroads by next week - it's good so far, but it's 400 freaking pages - big pages, printed with fairly small print. Gimme space.

No comments: